Thinking is an essential part of defining, discovering and developing your potential.
"There is nothing more practical than sound thinking."
Paul and Elder wrote that.
Check out these 8 elements of thinking from them...
1. "Purpose" - Directing thinking purposefully and towards purposeful endeavours.
2. "Point of view" - Thinking happens from a particular viewpoint. What 'frame' is on?
3. "Assumptions" - presuppositions that assist to form a view point. They might be true, they might be false. Test them out.
4. "Implications" - possibilities that may arise from a decision or analysis of a situation.
5. "Information" - building information from facts.
6. "Inferences" - deducing from the data available.
7. "Concepts" - help to bunch data into patterns, theories, principles, rules to guide thinking.
8. "Questions" - May come at the beginning of these elements or may come at the end. A critical thinker will pose questions throughout.
What do you think?
Which element do you wanna pull next and towards what will you apply it?